We provide innovative, engaging workshops and courses based upon research, which are brought-to-life using learning strategies that are effective for adult learners globally.
We work with organizations around the world to provide training and consulting tailored to individual and organizational needs. We have gifted facilitators and consultants who can provide experiential learning programs on cultural intelligence (CQ) for corporate, educational, governmental, and non-profit contexts.
Cultural intelligence workshops are designed to help attendees understand cultural intelligence as well as understand the results of their own CQ assessments. Workshops typically emphasize three areas:
- Cultural Intelligence Experiential Learning Exercises: Designed to enhance awareness of self and awareness of others with special emphasis on cultural similarities and differences
- Interpretation of Personal Feedback Reports: Self or Multi-Rater Assessments available
- Personal Development Plan: Making sense of one’s personal feedback, suggestions for action steps, and strategies for improving CQ
Note: Workshops can focus on diversity within culture and/or diversity across cultures.
We provide keynote addresses for any size audience.
We provide consulting services to help organizations implement cultural intelligence, including audits and strategic roadmaps that offer a needs assessment and strategic plan for developing a culturally intelligent organization.
We offer one-on-one coaching services for individauls and as a part of an assessment or training package.
This web-based tool can offer cultural intelligence assessment, coaching, and training to your team members, wherever they are.
CONTACT US ABOUT CQ TRAINING
There are several different ways to measure Cultural Intelligence.
You can gain personal insight simply by thinking about your own CQ capabilities in each of the following areas:
The level of interest, drive, and motivation to adapt interculturally.
The level of understanding about how cultures are similar and different.
The degree to which one is mindful, aware and able to plan for multicultural interactions.
The degree to which one can appropriately change verbal and nonverbal actions by drawing upon a repertoire of behaviors and skills.
CONTACT US TO TAKE THE CQ ASSESSMENT
The best way to improve cultural intelligence is through personalized coaching and training based upon a CQ assessment.
The Cultural Intelligence Difference provides dozens of strategies for improving your CQ in the 4 CQ capabilities.
Improving Your CQ Drive
- Talk to someone who has worked or traveled extensively and ask this person what motivated them.
- Make a list of the tangible benefits you can obtain by improving your CQ.
- Think of your prior successes when interacting with people who have different cultural backgrounds.
Improving Your CQ Knowledge
- Read a book (such as Culture Shock: Japan) to learn more about a specific culture.
- Attend a talk on the literature or geography of a specific culture.
- Visit a museum and focus on the art of a specific country or culture.
Improving Your CQ Strategy
- Summarize your knowledge of a particular culture before an interaction with someone with that cultural background.
- Think of things that you might say or do that would make this other person uncomfortable.
- Remain alert during the interaction to see if your expectations were accurate.
Improving Your CQ Action
- Practice a new behavior so that you become more natural (e.g presenting your business card and obtaining a business card from someone else).
- Role play a specific behavior that differs from your typical style (for example, standing very close or far apart during a conversation).
- Watch others carefully in cross-cultural encounters and mimic their behavior.
CONTACT US TO GROW IN CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE
Benefits of CQ
CQ is a critical capability that enhances effectiveness in culturally diverse situations.
What kind of benefits can you expect from enhancing your CQ? The research reveals several promising outcomes for individuals with high CQ. The main benefits of improving CQ are the following:
Cultural intelligence predicts the way you will adjust to the general living conditions of another culture including the work environment and the different ways of socializing in a new place. And CQ predicts your personal adjustment emotionally and psychologically when immersed in a new cultural environment.
Judgment and Decision Making
CQ predicts your effectiveness assessing a situation in a culturally diverse situation and make an effective decision. And as diverse markets become more important, individuals with high CQ are better able to diagnose situations and make effective decisions in culturally diverse contexts.
High CQ predicts your negotiation skills when negotiating across culture. Whether it’s the formal negotiation of contracts or the day-to-day give-and-take required to reach agreements with colleagues, vendors, or clients, enhanced CQ improves intercultural negotiations.
CQ predicts whether an individual’s technical proficiency in one context will also exist in when working in a different cultural context.
High CQ predicts your ability to build trusting intercultural relationships—with diverse colleagues; among multicultural teams; and with clients, vendors, and partners around the world.
Sales and Service
Leaders with high CQ are better able to drive growth in new cultural markets and effectively serve diverse customers. CQ predicts you ability to offer effective sales and/or service to a culturally diverse customer or constituent.
Creativity and Innovation
One more benefit of high CQ is increased creativity and innovation. A consistent correlation has been found between high CQ and ideation capabilities.
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE